Wednesday 27 July 2016

Interwar Half Track upgrade



I recently acquired two Shapeways Burford Kegresse MG Carriers by Fitz to replace my earlier dogy scratchbuilds.

These are lovely models and a great improvement on my earlier efforts. My thanks to Fitz for producing a model of a vehicle I never expected to be available (along with the Russian MS-1 and T-27s he has done).



Fitz's Shapeways shop, which has all sorts of goodies for 28mm, 20mm and 15mm, can be found at this link:

Fitz's Shapeways Shop




4 comments:

Steve J. said...

Those are lovely:)

Tim Gow said...

Nice - but I think we need to see the 'dodgy scratchbuilds' too....

jhnptrqn said...

I have been thinking of buying several models from Shapeways, but know nothing about it or 3d printing. Do these models come in parts? I like the looks of them, and see that he produces 15mm pieces, too.

Vintage Wargaming said...

These come in three parts I think - the vehicle, the gun mount, and the two guns (in one piece). Fitz's stuff can be expensive but this is down to Shapeways costs. As the interwar vehicles tend to be smaller they are on the cheaper end. They are very detailed models with almost no assembly - a big plus for me. I have also recently found another Shapeways shop with lots of interwar stuff in, unfortunately all for 28mm. They can soak up paint so priming is important.