Monday 11 November 2013

Request - Airfix magazine article from July 1978

I have had an email from Adrian in Germany who years ago produced a Napoleonic Austrian army from Airfix conversions inspired by an article by Terry Wise in Airfix Magazine July 1978. He no longer has the army or the article, but inspired by Matt's Airfix Wargames Blog he would like to recreate the one with the help of the other. If anyone has access to a copy of the article please could you email me using the Contacting Vintage Wargaming button at the head of this page and I will pass it on.

6 comments:

Cesar Paz said...

Hello, I have the June 1979 Airfix magazine issue, but Mr.Wise article is about Spanish and Portuguese Napoleonic troops. It is that what you are looking for?

Vintage Wargaming said...

Sorry Cesar I had corrected it in the text but not the post title - it is in the July 1979 magazine - thanks for being in touch

Cesar Paz said...

Are you sure? There is no an article writen by T.Wise in July 1979 issue. I also have that magazine.

Vintage Wargaming said...

Sorry I'm having a bad day - that's July 1978 - I've corrected the post. Hopefully this time it's right.

Cesar Paz said...

Sorry but I don´t have that issue. I have almost all 1979 (exept August issue). There are several articles about converting napoleonic figures (I think they are the last of the serie). Please tell me if you want any.
Regards.

Steve J. said...

A quick search showed that Abe Books have a copy and several are available on e-bay if that is of any help?

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/Airfix-Magazine-Modellers-vol.19-no.11-July/8412125652/bd