Sunday 21 August 2011

Looking for Minimags...


Thanks to Paul I now have a copy of the 1972/3 Minifigs catalogue - I previously had scans courtesy of Alan M, but it is nice to have the catalogue.

The title page refers to a Miniature Figurines Ltd House Magazine called Minimag. On the last page of the catalogue it says numbers 2,3 and 4 were currently available at 15p each - "for further number please wait until you see them advertised in either Military Modelling or Wargamers Newsletter."

This had completely passed me by before now. Does anyone remember this? And, by any chance, does anyone have one they could either send me or scan for inclusion here or on the Lone S Ranger blog?

7 comments:

Big Andy said...

I actually have a couple somewhere. Got 'em off Don featherstone years ago. They are missing the"plates"- actually line Drawings I think. I'll have a scout about and see if I can find 'em
Andy OGUK

Rob Young said...

Got at least 1 lying around, but chances of finding it are pretty remote. If I do come across it I'll let you know.

Rob

Rob Young said...

Got one. Vol 1 No 5. A5 format, green Napoleonic grenadier on the front cover. I'll try and scan it for - scanner has been weird lately.

Rob

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys, that would help

Clive

Big Andy said...

I found 3 of them- nos 1 2 and 3 . They are pretty sparse by even the standards of 25 years ago Once I ghet a new scanner....

Vintage Wargaming said...

Thanks Andy

David Wood said...

I managed to pick up a couple of copies of 'Minimag' and have just posted one on my own blog;

http://www.deartonyblair.co.uk/2019/11/miniature-figurines-magazine-minimag.html

A lovely part of our hobby history.

Could I ask if the 1972/73 catalogue has any mention of the Middle Earth fantasy range? Still trying to get the initial release date for the first (to my knowledge) fantasy range.

David